Hi, I’m Jonathan Andersen!
Getting to know our incoming Pastor, a few quick tidbits about Jonathan….
- Born and raised in Conyers, Georgia
- Felt called to ministry in middle school
- BA in Political Science from Furman University and a member of Phi Beta Kappa
- M. Div from Duke Divinity School and graduated summa cum laude
- While at Duke, served as an intern for the Evangelical Methodist Church of El Salvador
- Served the last 5 years as an Associate Pastor at Hamilton Mill UMC overseeing discipleship, missions, and the Family Ministries team
- Serves on the Board of Trustees of Salem Campmeeting where he has attended since birth
- Engaged to Emily Ralls and getting married to her in May. Met while at Furman and then reconnected 4 years ago when we both lived in the Atlanta area.
- Emily has her Masters in Counseling from UGA and works as a therapist at a non-profit agency in Atlanta
- We love exploring new places, being outdoors, eating together, and connecting with others in the community
- Jonathan loves photography, trail running, and iced coffee.
In his own words – watch the video