What We Believe
Any statement of beliefs can go on-and-on… For us, there are four essential truths that our ministries hinge on.
- The Bible is the Word of God.
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” 2 Timothy 3:16
The Bible is both our guidebook for practical living and is our spiritual communication from God that provides us strength and knowledge on how to live. The Bible is the inerrant, complete, inspired and unchanging word of God. At Harvest Point we make the Bible a part of our daily lives.
- Jesus is the Son of God.
Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
Jesus is the reason for everything we do. We believe that Jesus was born of a virgin as the Son of God. We believe that Jesus was crucified for the forgiveness of the sins of humanity and that He rose from the dead three days later. Jesus was both fully man and fully God. While Jesus was a prophet, a teacher and a good man, He is also the messiah who came to save the world.
- You must be born again.
“God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that all who believe would not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16
In a culture that sees various methods of avenues to be connected to God, we believe that Jesus is the only way to access forgiveness and eternal life in God. At Harvest Point, we believe that every person is born into sin; believing in and accepting the grace of Jesus is the only way to gain forgiveness from sin. Every person is of infinite worth to God. We can all be forgiven and born again.
- Believers can and should be filled with the Holy Spirit.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses!” Acts 1:8
While forgiveness comes from our relationship with Jesus, we believe that our relationship with the Holy Spirit provides us the power to live our lives focused on Jesus. Harvest Point believes in the Holy Spirit as the third person of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit is our best friend, our guide, our comforter and our strength. We believe that our lives can be filled with the Holy Spirit. Lives lived this way are evidenced by fruit of the Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit found in scripture.
1. We value God’s Word… it transforms us.
2. We value lost people… they matter to God and to us.
3. We value worship… we were made to give Him glory.
4. We value small groups… this is how we shepherd one another.
5. We value gifts… and seek to use our talents for God.
6. We value ministry… and seek to unleash the laity in service.
7. We value maturity… the norm should be that we all grow up in Christ.
1. We value authenticity… we seek to live “what you see is what you get” lives.
2. We value excellence… because it honors God and inspires people.
3. We value innovation… we are made in the image of a creative God.
4. We value flexibility… and resolve to keep spirit over structure.
5. We value relevance… for it is not an option.